This page is meant to offer a library of references and recommendations for further readings that are relevant to Yoga, Wellness, Trauma Recovery, and Psychology. This is not a comprehensive list.
- Bachman, N. (2011). The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A practical guide to the core of yoga. Boulder, CO: Sounds True, Inc.
- Brown, B. (2015). Rising strong (First edition.). New York: Spiegel & Grau, an imprint of Random House. [Audible Audiobook].
- Dana, D. & Porges, S. W. (2019). The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy: Engaging the Rhythm of Regulation. [Audible Audiobook].
- Desikachar, T. K. V. (1999). The Heart of Yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Faulds, R. (2006). Kripalu Yoga: guide to practice on and off the mat. New York, NY: Bantam Dell, A Division of Random House, Inc.
- Gates, R. & Kenison, K. (2015). Meditations from the Mat: Daily reflections on the path of yoga. [Audible Audiobook].
- Hartranft, C. (2003). The Yoga-Sûtra of Patañjali: Sanskrit-English Translation & Glossary.
- Hopper, E. & Emerson, D. (2018). Overcoming Trauma through Yoga: Reclaiming your body. [Audible Audiobook].
- Hughes, D. A. (2017). Building the Bonds of Attachment: Awakening love in deeply traumatized children. [Audible Audiobook].
- Iyengar, B. K. S. (2005). The Illustrated Light on Yoga.
- Judith, A. (2014). Wheels of Life. [Audible Audiobook].
- Kaminoff, L. (2007). Yoga Anatomy: Your illustrated guide to postures, movements, and breathing techniques. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Kirk, M. & Boon, B. (2004). Hatha Yoga Illustrated: For greater strength, flexibility, and focus. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Kornfield, J. (2005). A Path with Heart: A guide through the perils and promises of a spiritual life. [Audible Audiobook].
- Kraftsow, G. (1999). Yoga For Wellness : Healing with the timeless teachings of Viniyoga. New York, NY: Penguin Compass.
- Kraftsow, G. (2002). Yoga For Transformation: Ancient teachings and holistic practices for the healing body, mind, and heart. New York, NY: Penguin Compass.
- Perry, B. & Szalavitz, M. (2018). The Boy Who was Raised as a Dog: and other stories from a psychiatrist’s notebook. [Audible Audiobook].
- Siegel, D. J. & Payne Bryson, T. (2012). The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to nurture your child’s developing mind. [Audible Audiobook].
- Stephens, M. The Mark Stephens Yoga Sequencing Deck. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books.
- Treleaven, D. A. (2018). Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Practices for safe & transformative healing. [Audible Audiobook].
- Van der Kolk, B. (2014). The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, mind, and body in the healing of trauma. [Audible Audiobook].
- Yogananda, . (2006). Autobiography of a yogi. Los Angeles, Calif: Self-Realization Fellowship.
- Young, M. (2017). Teaching Foundations 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Integrative Yoga In Application.
Please click here to read my Curriculum Vitae, to see my credentials and training.